Camp Thunderbolt Folding Bike Review - Folding Bike 20
The Camp Thunderbolt is a great choice for commutes and recreation alike. It handles hills and is priced well for its 16 speeds, dual disk brakes and lighter weight (29 lbs).
- MSRP: $599
- Colors: Blue, Grey, Orange, Yellow
- Speed: 16
- Weight: 29 lbs
- Folded Dimensions: 33 x 14 x 26 inches
- Frame: Aluminum Alloy Folding
- Shimano 16-Speed Altus Derailleur
- Microshift Shifter 2×8
- Dual Disc Brakes
- Compass Tire 20″x 1.5″ and Alloy Rims
- Black Fenders and Rear Rack
- Quick Release Alloy Seat Post 19″
- Adjustable Quick Release Stem
- Foldable Pedals with Reflectors
- Quick Release Handlebar 24″
- Adjustable Kickstand
- Rider’s Height Range: 4’8″-6’6″
- Rider’s Max Weight: 230 lbs
Unpacking and setup was a breeze. I have the grey Camp Thunderbolt and it looks very nice. The frame is very sturdy but easy to maneuver, fold, unfold and store. Folding pedals limit problems loading and unloading in tight spaces. I found the simple magnet feature which keeps the bike in its folded position helpful. It is especially convenient when carrying the bike from one location to the next.
The ride was smooth and comfortable. For the price range 16 speeds is uncommon – 7 is more common. The Camp Thunderbolt handles hills easily and the solid construction feels good. It was easy to trust this bike throughout the ride. Especially the brakes. The dual disc brakes were awesome. These are a great feature and give the bike great stopping power in all weather conditions.
There is really not much to complain about. For a folding bike in the $400-$500 range it definitely sets itself apart. This bike is versatile and can make a lot of customers very happy campers!
- Sturdy Bike
- Easy to Fold/Unfold
- Highly Adjustable – Seat, Handlebars & Kickstand
- Dual Disc Brakes
- Includes Fenders & Rear Rack
- Not Overpriced
- Not Super Cheap – But you get what you pay for!