Dahon Boardwalk Folding Bike Review
Dahon Boardwalk Folding Cycle would be the new creation of Dahon. This folding bike is incredibly suitable for those who require a folder that might be used for day to day activities.
Dahon Boardwalk S1 delivers a good design as well as saves us a lot of time. You can fold this speedily, take it to the office and keep it under your desk.
Unboxing & Assembly Video
Features and Specifications
- Color: Obsidian
- Weight: 27.3 lbs (12.3 kg)
- Folded size: 12.6″ x 29.5″ x 26.0″ (32 x 75 x 66 cm)
- Tires: K-193 20 x 1.5″
- Rims: Aluminum
- Frame: HT Series, Hi-Tensile steel.
- ViseGrip hinge.
- Fork: Steel
- Gear inches: 22″-95″
- Handlepost: steel, unadjustable
- Handleset: 6061-T6 ALLOY
- Nice Fusion headset of Dahon with bearings.
- Grips: XH-G49
- Saddle: VL4022A
- Seatpost: 580 mm Alloy
- Brakes: ProMax V
- Front hub: AE-20.1F 5/16 x 14G x 28H x 74 x 115
- Rear hub: KT-305R (B) 3/8 x 14G x 28H x 110 x 150 mm
- Spokes: 18/8 stainless steel
- Crankset: 1/2″ x 1/8″ x 44T x 170, Steel
- Chain: KMC Z-410
- Pedals: Folding NW-319
- Aluminum kickstand
- Bottom bracket: chromoly axle
- Luggage Bracket: frame integrated
- Suggested Rider Height: 4’8″ – 6’4″ (142 – 193 cm)
- Maximum Rider Weight: 230 lbs (105 kg)
- Shipping weight: 36 lbs (16.5 kgs)
- Box dimensions: 33″ x 10.6″ x 25.8″ (84cm x 27cm x 65.5cm)
Folding & Unfolding
If you wish to have a folding bike with nice style as well as very affordable selling price, this bike from Dahon might be the best option for you. This particular bike provides one speed and could be folded easily in less than 15 seconds. I just hate that I have to use the included strap to hold the 2 wheels together when folded. Most other Dahon bikes uses Snap Lok or Magnetix system which are much more convenient.
The Boardwalk has only one speed, so it is suitable for riding on paved roads only. It’s a city bike for anyone who needs a basic and cheap folder for commuting, shopping and running errands in towns and cities. Don’t ever think about using this bike to ride uphill or off road.
The frame is made mostly of steel, so it should be durable and tough enough. I’m just a little worried about the thin frame and not sure how it would manage to hold up. Anyway, I rode the bike for a month and everything still functioned properly.
- Very affordable price. This is almost the cheapest Dahon folding bike ever. You might save some money from your budget if you select this bike.
- Good design. This folding cycle has a nice look with some Dahon technology included. Even after folding it, this bike appears great.
- Convenient to use. You can use this cycle effortlessly. That perhaps may very well be folded and unfolded effortlessly and also could keep your time. This happens to be very helpful particularly if you are frequently traveling because this cycle wouldn’t take in a lot of space.
- Multifunction. You could employ this cycle for your journey to office or maybe for travelling to the closest market. It is also good for evening riding around the park.
- The frame is made of steel, so it is heavier than many Dahon bikes.
- It has only one speed. So if you need to ride uphill or arrive at one particular area quickly, you might need a lot more efforts.
- Slow folding time because it requires a strap to tie wheels together.
- The painting could easily get scratched due to folding mechanism.
Regular Price: $319.00