Dahon Briza D8 Folding Bike Review - Folding Bike 20
The Dahon Briza is a unique folding bike. It combines a full size bike with a low step through design. It is comfortable, easy to ride and provides a more upright position for the rider.
- Colors: Shadow, Mist
- Folded Size: 82 x 37 x 90cm (32.3” x 14.6” x 35.4”)
- Weight: 12.3 kg (27.1 lbs)
- Frame: Low-Step-Thru Design Frame, Dalloy Tubeset, Lattice Forged Hinge with Vicegrip Technology 24″ wheel
- Fork: Smooth Riding and Stable Hi-Ten Steel Blades and Steerer. 24″ wheel
- Handlepost: Dahon Forged Aluminum Radius-V Handlepost
- Drivetrain: 8 Speed Shimano RD-M310 rear derailleur and Trigger shifter
- Wheels: 24″ Aluminum Rims with 28 Hole Front and Rear Hub
- Brakes: Winzip Smooth and Powerful 110mm V-Brakes
- Maximum Rider Weight: 230 lbs / Suggested Rider Height: 5’3″ to 6’6″
- Fenders & Rack Included
Dahon is a brand we trust. They are the leaders in innovation and manufacturing of folding bikes across the globe. Dahon has created many styles and designs available at varying price points. So what is so special about the Briza D8? The Briza is a combination of a full sized bike with 24″ wheels, 8 speeds, a low step through frame, and obviously it folds. For smaller riders the step through frame is very appealing just due to the ease of mounting the bike. With full size wheels a straight frame would be taller on this bike compared to folders with smaller wheels. The advantage of larger wheels is traveling a greater distance with each push of the pedal and the feel is just like riding a normal bike.
This Dahon is great for leisure rides. It could do the job of a commuter if needed, but it is full size and not as light as some commuters. If you can ride from home to work without having to board public transportation then this could be the right bike. I recommend the Briza for traveling around town or on bike paths. There is a rack included perfect for running errands. It moves well and with 8 speeds it can handle some decent hills. Just fold it up and store it when you’re done!
One thing I recommend is getting a more comfortable seat. Something with a little more cushion for a more enjoyable ride!
- Full Size Bike
- Easy Step-Through Frame
- 27 lbs – Not Too Heavy!
- Handles Moderate Hills
- Priced Well
- Rack & Fenders Included
- Stock Seat is Hard