Dahon Ciao D5 Folding Bike Review
Looking for a compact city bike? Most riders would buy a bike that has small wheels and are easy to carry even aboard a car, bus or train. Riders look for look a bike that has lower frame than most bikes out there.
Most riders prefer to simply step over on the bike and sit comfortably on it. Dahon Ciao D5 Folding Bike Baltic low curved frame is what makes it easy to ride especially for those who have never ridden a bike before. Another reason why owners choose a particular bike is its cheaper price but is not limited when it comes to gear options.
To ensure that the bike is properly registered, owners must find the 6 digit code. The code is on the bike itself and is actually more than 6 digits. To know that this is the right code it is adjacent to the authentication circle on the frame. Purchase the item from an authorized dealer to get its warranty. The Baltic blue color does justice in making this bike look good.
Key features of Dahon Ciao D5 Folding Bike
- Color: Blue Baltic
- Weight: 29.8 lbs (13.5 kg)
- Folded Size: 13.3″ × 28.9″ × 25.7″ (34 × 74 × 66 cm)
- Frame: LA SERIES-DALLOY
- 20″ wheels easy to maneuver
- Compact especially when folded
- Sturmey Archer 5 speed hub
- Comes with front and rear reflectors
- Comes with Dahon Post Pump
- Includes fenders and rear carrier rack
- Comes with warranty
- Can handle up to 230 lbs of rider weight
- Great commuter bike
- Easy to ride uphill
- Awesome maintenance free internal hub
- Takes only a few seconds to fold into half
- Shifts effortless no need to pump and shift gears
- Does not come with standard light. Usually sold with rear battery powered light with a small button on the light which riders need to turn on or off. For those who are not familiar with this feature they are left with their back light on.
- Does not fit any standard case when planning to travel on air which results to an extra charge for carrying an oversize item.
- The short wheel base causes the bike to be unstable at times this is one of the downsides of owning a shorter frame bike.
Seeking for a bicycle to ride to the beach? Dahon Ciao D5 is the right bike for the job. This bicycle is impressively put together and so easy to use. It has the award winning Ciao frame merge together with the deluxe component package and custom made for Dahon 5 Speed hub. The result is an attractive but price friendly bicycle. It is surprisingly an inexpensive price to pay for a quality bike of this caliber. It is lightweight and looks good what more is there to ask for? Dahon Ciao D5 classic design will stay the same through the years except for some minor upgrades in the future which makes this bike worth the buck. No wonder users dubbed it as the perfect bike to ride around town.