Dahon Speed P8 Folding Bike Review
A good and comfortable bike is required when you decide to do lot of journey each day. A good mix of comfort, versatility, and price is the main theme of the Dahon Speed P8, built with sturdy frame to take care of the roughest rides.
Features and Specs
- Color: Red (Fire), White (Frost)
- Speeds: 8
- Weight: 27.0 lbs (12.3 kg)
- Folded Dimensions: 12.60″ x 32.28″ x 26.38″ (32 x 82 x 67 cm)
- Frame: K-Series superlite 4130 Chromoly
- Fork: dalloy aluminum with integrated crown
- Tires: Streetpac 20″ x 1.75″
- Rims: 20″ aluminum double wall
- Handlepost: adjustable forged alloy Radius Telescope
- Handlebar: 6061 Double Butted Aluminum flat bar
- Front Hub: 74 mm compact alloy 20 hole
- Rear Hub: Sealed bearing aluminum FreeHub, 28 Hole
- Bottom bracket: Sealed Bearing
- Chain: KMC Z82
- Rear Derailleur: DAHON Super Compact Neos 8
- Shifter: DAHON Neos Twist Shifter
- Brakes: Winzip 110 mm V-Brakes
- Seatpost: DAHON Custom 6061 Aluminum
- Kickstand: Alloy
- Suggested Rider Height: 4’8″- 6’4″ (142-194 cm)
- Rider Max Weight: 231 lbs (105 kg)
- Pedals: Foldable
- Carton dimensions: 12.5″ x 33″ x 25.5″
- Shipping weight: 35 lbs (15.8 kg)
Folding & Unfolding
This Speed P8 is ideal for lengthy rides, on tour, as well as weekend exploring. It provides you the identical frame seen on Dahon Speed Uno and Dahon Speed D7. The Speed P8’s rigid Radius handlepost, rigid frame, and plush-riding Streetpac tires provide smooth rides on bad roads. This is the ideal all-purpose folder coming with Dahon’s latest technology, high-quality frame material and components, these kinds of bikes will help you get to the destination with comfort and punctuality.
Speed P8 used to include the Schwalbe Big Apple tires which absorb a great deal of shock but the new version comes with Streetpac tires. The tires are slightly slimmer, so you can maneuver easier and they still deliver comfortable rides.
Featuring a rigid frame along with locking knobs, this is just about the most durable bikes. The folding and unfolding process is so fast and easy, just like most other Dahon folding bikes. Dahon managed to make the bike even lighter than the Dahon Speed D7, however, it is still quite heavy as compared to some other bikes.
The bike comes in two colors, red and white, so many of you might think it is designed for female riders. Not at all. I got the Red version but it is not all red. The bike is a combination of red and black, and this is always one of the best color combination in designing high-end stuffs like cars or designer clothing. While the frame is red, everything else like seatpost, handlepost, wheels come in black, therefore, it looks so gorgeous.
- Beautiful design
- A smooth ride and a really feel solid.
- Excellent in any weather.
- Good-quality components ensures that this is a durable bike.
- This bike feels heavier. Weight of 27 pounds is a downside of this bike.
This is a high-end folder in the Dahon Speed series and it is more expensive as well. If you don’t particularly love the color and an extra speed, you might get the Dahon Speed D7 to save some bucks.