Dahon Speed Uno Review - A Premium Single Speed Folding Bike?
Dahon Speed Uno is considered the compact version of Dahon Mu Uno. It has a simple design that will be suitable for any commuter in crowded cities.
Let’s check out all features and tech specs of Dahon Speed Uno to understand more about the bike.
Features and Specs
- Single Speed
- Folding size: 11.7″ x 30″ x 25″
- Weight: 24.2 pounds
- Rider is recommended to be around 4′ 8″ to 6′ 4″ tall.
- The maximum weight of rider is 230 pounds
- Folding time is less than 15 seconds
- Gear inches: 64
- Frame: K series, SuperLite 4130 chromoly with custom-drawn double-butted Sonus tubing, forged lattice hinge, patented ViseGrip technology.
- Handlepost: Radius, fixed, patented Fusion technologies, forged aluminum
- Handlebar: 6061-T6 aluminum, Flat bar
- Grips: BioLogic Ergo, single density
- Front hub: Dahon Mini
- Rear hub: single speed, Shimano coaster
- Rims: Aluminum, single wall
- Chain: KMC Z410
- Tires: Dahon Rotolo, 20″ x 1.75″, high-pressure 65 psi
- Crank set is polished by hand and it comes with cold-forged 6061-T6 aluminum crank arms.
- Pedals are Suntour folding and non-slip
- Aluminum kickstand
- Color: Shadow
Folding and Unfolding
The bicycle could remind you about the one you rode when you were a kid. As this is a single speed, it does not have a front brake. The minimal design will also result in the low weight. In fact, Speed Uno is one of the lightest bikes manufactured by Dahon. You should pick the Mu Uno if you really need a lightweight one. The Speed Uno is just a little heavier but there is a plus, you won’t see the mess of brakes, cables and cable carriers.
Notice that this bike is single-speed but not fixed-gear, so you still can coast without pedalling. In my own opinion, this is a perfect choice for urban riders who just want a simple and compact bike to commute around the city. Once you get used to the coaster brake, you will appreciate how it contributes to the clean design of your bike, and it will help you carry the bike to any place easier.
Test Riding Video
- It takes less than 15 seconds to completely fold or unfold the bike.
- Super compact and lightweight.
- Beautiful minimal design
- Perfect for riding in the city
- Durability of parts
- Drive safely without disc brakes
- It takes practice to get used to the pedal brakes and control the bike
- It doesn’t include mudguard/fender
This is undoubtedly a high-quality folding bike that is affordable for most riders. We highly recommend the product.