Dahon Vybe C7A Folding Bike Review - Will low price compromise Comfort and Quality?
Convenient, great riding comfort packed in an inexpensive bike, that is how owners described Dahon Vybe C7A Obsidian Folding Bike. The Vybe C7A has long lasting components like its Radius handlepost and Fusion and V-Clamp technologies.
This bicycle folds in just 15 seconds. This bicycle has barrel adjuster at the derailleur end unlike other bicycles which uses barrel adjuster at the shifter end. Derailleur is bike mechanisms that moves the chain out and up to allow it to shift to different cogs.
This is a good space saving solution for those who live in urban areas. It is not easy to find a good folding bike that has all the qualities needed to fill this need. This is a commuter bike that can fold so small that it can be easily stashed in a car or any form of common transportation like bus or train. This bike offers the perfect solution with a reasonable price to boot. This bicycle can accommodate most of the conditions encountered by city dwellers. Riders can incorporate optimal positions for comfort and speed.
Features and Specs
- Color: Obsidian
- Wheel size: 20 inches.
- Folded size: 11.8″ × 31.5″ × 26″ (30 × 80 x 66 cm)
- Product Weight: 25.26 lbs (11.46 kgs)
- Frame: AA Series – Dalloy Aluminum with Dahon Visegrip Technology.
- Patented Radius handlepost; forged aluminium made.
- Fork: Integrated Fusion technology.
- Brakes: alloy, V-brake, 110 mm
- Patented Seat Clamp Anti Fulcrum technology.
- Two color ergonomically designed grips.
- Comfortable saddle.
- Crankset: forged alloy 6061 arms, double chainguard, 46T
- Oversized seatpost made of solid alloy.
- Spokes: 14 GA Stainless steel
- Pedals: folding
- Kickstand: alloy, center mount
- Compact, folds easily as fast less than 20 seconds.
- Suggested height for riders: 4’8″ – 6’4″ (142 to 193 cm)
- Maximum rider weight: 230 lbs. (105 kgs.)
- Shipping weight: 35 lbs (16 kgs)
- Box dimensions: 33″ x 12″ x 25.6″ (84cm x 31cm x 65cm)
Test Riding Video
- Strong handle post provides solid connection to frame and fork.
- Lightweight aluminum frame but sturdy and solid.
- Comfortable saddle since it does not hurt even when riding for the bicycle for a longer period of time.
- Easy to fold and unfold.
- Unisex design.
- Offers options for various terrains.
- Packed with advanced features
- Rear and front fenders/mudguards are included
- Rear derailleur needs adjusting since it slips. Assuming that the drive train is in perfect condition the bike needs some cable adjustment
- Some issues on adjusting the hand brake. Avoid treating this bike like a BMX bike which is usually used for tricks.
- Some minor issues on height adjustability.
For those who are asking if rim brake or disk brake is better, the answer lies on several factors like the weight of the person riding the bike, the riding style and even the climate during the time that he wishes to ride. These are the factors that riders should consider if they want to use the right brake. A person who lives in highly urbanized area needs good solid and trustworthy folding bike. This bicycle is reasonably priced and has excellent high quality parts. All that city dwellers might seek for a folding bike. For a safe and harmonious ride, just buy the Dahon Vybe C7A. It definitely offers more than its cost.