Montague FIT Full Size Folding Bike Review - Folding Bike 20
The Montague FIT is the top in its category by Montague. Its patented FIT frame makes it the strongest folding bike on the market and the carbon fork makes it the most responsive (expensive) pavement choice from this brand. If you are looking for a solid road bike that travels well then this is the best of the best with 30 speeds and only 26.5 lbs.
- Color: Hunter Green / Black
- Folded Size: 36″ x 28″ x 12″
- Weight: 26.5 lbs
- Speeds: 30
- Shifters: Shimano Tiagra trigger shifters with Optical Display
- Frame: Custom drawn 7005 Series Aluminum with FIT System. Power Angle geometry. Vibration Reduction Curve. Double top tube. Replaceable derailleur hanger and disc mount.
- Frame sizes: 19 inches & 21 inches.
- CLIX system: this system makes it easy to fold the FIT in less than 20 seconds with a clever secondary locking system that prevents the bike from folding back if you forget to tighten the Quick Release lever.
- Wheels: Kenda Kontender Lite 700c x 23mm slick
- Adjustable Stem: Kally Uno. 110mm reach, 7 Degree Rise.
- FIT System: the Folding Integrated Technology (FIT) enables one to fold the bike without needing to break it. This feature makes it the strongest folding bike in the market.
- Saddle: Double Density Performance, with “Center Gap” Comfort Technology.
- Hubset: XERO, Element. Alloy. 28 hole rear, 24 hole front.
- Seatpost: Kalloy, 30.0 X 300mm Alloy Micro Adjust.
- Spokes: 14 Gauge Stainless
- Handlebars: Kalloy. Alloy, double butted. 25mm rise, 8 degree backsweep
The FIT is Montague’s top pavement bike. The frame is aluminum and designed with a patented folding system. Unlike the mass of folding bikes out there, Montague bikes keep the frame in one piece – no middle hinge. This leads to a stronger, more powerful bike. On this model the carbon fiber fork is incorporated to increase steering capability and create a smooth and responsive experience.
This bike is on the pricier end for folding road bikes. A good bike to compare it to might be the Allen Sports XWay. It is similar in price but the main differences being frame style, the XWay is 2 lbs. lighter and a 20 speed rather than the 30 speed FIT. It really comes down the style and ride you are looking for. Take your time and find the right bike for you.
Like all Montague folding bikes, the front wheel is removed during the folding process. This can take some time to get used to and also means you will have a wheel to keep track of. It still fits well in small vehicles but if you are taking it on a train or subway you might consider a carrying case to keep it all safely contained.
- Full Size Bike
- Light Weight – 26.5 lbs.
- 30 Speeds
- FIT frame
- Bike separates into 2 pieces when folded
Montague bikes come in multiple frame sizes so be sure to select the appropriate size.