Montague Navigator Full Size Folding Bike Review - Folding Bike 20
The Montague Navigator is a full size bike that also folds! With 27 speeds and 700c pavement ready tires this bike is designed to make commuting smooth and painless. The patented folding system is unique to Montague bikes and makes them the strongest folding bikes on the market.
- Color: Midnight Blue / Black
- Folded Size: 36″ x 28″ x 12″
- Weight: 27 lbs
- Speeds: 27
- Frame: Custom drawn 7005 Series Aluminum with FIT System. Power Angle geometry. Vibration Reduction Curve. Double top tube. Replaceable derailleur hanger and disc mount.
- Frame Sizes: 17 inches, 19 inches and 21 inches
- Fork: Full Cro-Mo, with CLIXTM Wheel Release System Ramped Dropout.
- Rims: Alex. Alloy, 32 hole, Silver.
- Tires: Kenda Kwick Roller Sport 700c x 26mm semi-slick.
- Hubset: Shimano, Alloy sealed front & rear with CLIXTM front quick release.
- Spokes: 14 Gauge
- Saddle: Double Density Performance, with “Center Gap” Comfort Technology.
- Seatpost: 30.0 X 300mm Alloy.
- Handlebars: Alloy, 30mm rise.
- Stem: OctagonTM height adjustable stem. No tools required.
- Shifters: Shimano Rapid Fire Road for Flat Handlebar. 3-Speed Left. 9-Speed Right.
- Front Derailleur: FOR 42t, DUAL-PULL, 34.9MM CS ANGLE: 66-69,
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sora. 9-Speed.
- Crankset: SR Suntour. 48/38/28. Alloy 170mm crank arm. Black.
- Brakeset: Alloy. Caliper side pull.
- Pedals: Trekking pedal with all-weather non-slip tread.
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Cartridge
- Accessories: Fenders & Rack included
The Montague Navigator is a strong bike. The frame is aluminum and the design keeps the frame from being folded. The ride is smooth and with the absence of the middle hinge I forgot this bike was a folder. Since this is a pavement bike, I didn’t test it out anywhere else. But it is strong and feels comfortable. With 27 speeds there weren’t any limitations to consider.
For the price range and the weight you might not find a better deal. At 27 lbs. this bike competes well for folding bikes. It is not the lightest folder out there but it is a full size bike. There are folders that are not full size but still 27 lbs. or more. I find the trade worth considering especially if this is the price range you are looking in.
After a few tries of folding and unfolding this bike becomes easier to maneuver. It doesn’t fold down like a classic folding bike. The front wheel is removed in the folding process which means there is something extra to keep track of. If you are taking on a train or subway you might consider a carrying case to keep it all contained. In the back of the car it doesn’t seem to make much of a difference.
*Montague bikes come in multiple frame sizes so make sure to choose the correct size.
- Patented FIT Frame
- Full Size Bike
- 27 Speeds
- Rack & Fenders included
- Bike separates into 2 pieces when folded