Stowabike 26" Folding Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike Review
The Stowabike 26″ folding bike is not just a mountain bike. This 26″ wheeler can really hold its own on and off the road.
The bicycle comes with high-quality components from Shimano with a dual suspension system which is a perfect combination of looks and performance. The tough exterior is not only built to last but to fold too. That’s right! You can take this bike anywhere you want. The folded frame can just about fit anywhere – from the trunk of your car to the small space in your garage, this bike will simply slide in.
FEATURES AND SPECS
The Stowabike 26″ folding bike gives you the satisfaction of having both a mountain bike and a folding bike. This bike allows you to keep all the fun of a mountain bike even in tight spaces. The bicycle comes in two versions: a city road version and a mountain road version for off-road escapades.
The Stowabike also comes with a KMC Z33 chain with folded dimensions of L 39″ x H 35″ x W 23.5″ and weighing 36 lbs when fully assembled. The left shifter is a Microshift 3 speed grip shifter while the right is a Microshift 6 speed grip shifter. The front derailleur is a Saigun QD-23a while the rear derailleur is a Shimano RD-TZ50.
Other Specifications Include:
- Color: Silver
- Frame: steel Stowabike folding frame.
- Wheels: Full-size 26 inches.
- Speeds: 18
- Folded size: 39″ x 35″ x 23.5″
- Weight: 36 lbs.
- Zoom steel suspension 26″ fork.
- Shifters: Microshift 3-speed grip shifter on left and 6-speed grip right shifter on right.
- Derailleurs: Saigun QD-23a (Front) and Shimano RD-TZ50 (Rear).
- Alloy body spring shock, 750lbs/in
- Easy and simple assembly.
- 18 Speed gear system which is rare for a bike of this wheel size.
- Full-size 26″ wheels.
- Economical: below $200 and easy maintenance and parts.
- It has rear shocks making riding comfortable
- Quick assembly: just attach the front wheel, the seat post, handlebars’ post and the pedals to their arms.
- Comes with a shallow manual that may not be of the exact model which may force you to do a lot of guesswork when assembling if you’re a novice.
- The wheels are not quick release which might inconvenience some people.
- Plastic brake arms and rear derailleur pulleys which may not be very durable in the long run.
- Lacks speed especially on rough terrains and off-road courses.
If you are not an avid biker and all you want is bicycle to move around on, then the Stowabike 26″ Bicycle could be perfect for you. Once on this Stowabike, you’ll forget that it’s a foldable machine. The ease with which it cuts through traffic makes it ideal for any on-road purposes. The best part of this bike is its convenience with small spaces. This feature, however, may not be enough to make up for its lack of speed among those enthusiastic bikers.
Regular Price: $400