Dahon Formula S18 Folding Bike Review
Dahon is among the leading brands in folding cycles for years and this knowledge are obvious in every little details comprised in the Formula S18. Take a note of the anodized height marks on the post, cast I-Beam seats clamp, brass bushings provided for smooth activity in its quick release levers as well as painting and well finished welds in the frame.
Dahon Formula S18 is actually a lot of fun, even for those who might not be with an aim to obtain the quickest folding bike on the market. It performs nicely as a sound commuter or a bike for leisure time. But my thought is that if anybody tries this bike out, they will realize his or her desire for speed. It’ll climb hills as easily as any highway bike, melt roads as a customized Formula 1 car, and go past obstacles like a brand new appendage. After getting Dahon formula S18 you will surely do more journeys.
The Dahon Formula S18 is a stunning bike. It provides a smooth, fast-folding framework having level handlebars, eighteen speeds, really efficient disc brakes, along with Schwalbe Kojak tires. The cycle is pretty lightweight and comfortable to handle, being released in an extremely comfortable pack of 25 lbs. You can easily carry this cycle in a backpack and stroll 20 KM way and forget about its existence.
The Dahon Formula S18 can be a package of durability along with performance wrapped together. This very fast commuter possesses an 18 speed Shimano drive train to help get you to your desired location with both pace and grace. All the parts to the magnificently CNC machined Avid cranks is of best quality. The riding mechanism in the formula S18 is as great as you would like by adjusting seats and the handlebars. If you made a decision to ride in a relatively extreme position the Dahon Formula S18 can be the best bike for you because this may be the fastest folding bike you will find in the market nowadays. Another thing is that when you put the cycle in motion in the road it will feel almost like a road motorcycle. The particular Kojak tires run so easily on the surface of the road, not allowing anything available between you and the amazing speed. Take a closer look at this bike in the video below.
- Shimano Drivetrain with 18 speeds.
- Tiagara derailleurs are also included.
- Folded Size: 11.3″ × 31.2″ × 25.7″ (29 × 80 × 66 cm).
- Weight: 24.6 lbs (11.2 kg).
- Frame: K Series, 7005 double-butted aluminum
- Exclusive latch and frame for durability.
- Schwalbe extreme pressure tires.
- Very speedy bike along with the classic fold unfold option.
- Black stainless spokes with WTB both side walled rims.
- AVID long lasting and high performance disc brakes.
- Excellent design and material quality.
- Gives an array of different size riders to get an appropriate fit.
- Adjustable handlebar height
- The cycle folds, unfolds easily without effort and minimal hassle.
- Nice comfortable ride obtained with slick and trusted shifting.
- Includes probably the best disc brake in this group.
- One of the lightest folding bikes.
- Its quick acceleration can cause problems to people who are not used to it.
- More suitable for casual riders.