Montague FIT Full Size Folding Bike Review - Folding Bike 20
The Montague FIT is the top in its category by Montague. Its patented FIT frame makes it the strongest folding bike on the market and the carbon fork makes it the most responsive (expensive) pavement choice from this brand. If you are looking for a solid road bike that travels well then this is the best of the best with 30 speeds and only 26.5 lbs.
The Montague FIT has recommended itself as a lightweight and powerful folding bike. It’s worth noting that the bicycle’s folding/unfolding process is very simple and doesn’t take too much time. Keep in mind that you’ll be able to fold/unfold a bicycle within 20 seconds. However, the most important thing is that you don’t need to use any tools to fold/unfold the Montague FIT bike. And of course, all of this will contribute greatly to rider’s comfort.
There is no doubt that you’ll like the Montague FIT bike’s versatility. The bicycle itself is very fast and easy to maneuver. That means that you’ll definitely find it easy to travel around the city with the Montague FIT foldable bicycle. Another important thing that you need to be aware of is that the bike can be easily taken on a bus or train. If you fold the bike, it will decrease in size dramatically. As a result, it will fit a car’s trunk. All of this means that you can easily travel around the country and abroad with the Montague FIT folding bike.
Now, let’s take a look at the Montague FIT bike’s key features. It’s important to point out that the Montague FIT folding bike comes with 30 speeds and a carbon blade fork. Obviously, the bike’s features like these ones make it possible for a rider to achieve high performance on the road.
The Montague FIT is known for being a highly durable folding bike. The reality is all of bike’s parts are made of high quality materials. That means that The Montague FIT folding bike is likely to serve you for a long period of time.
It’s fair to say that the Montague FIT folding bike has been designed with rider’s security in mind. The reality is the bike comes with Tektro disc brakes that allow a rider to stop a bike quickly whenever such a need arises.
- Color: Hunter Green / Black
- Folded Size: 36″ x 28″ x 12″
- Weight: 26.5 lbs
- Speeds: 30
- Shifters: Shimano Tiagra trigger shifters with Optical Display
- Frame: Custom drawn 7005 Series Aluminum with FIT System. Power Angle geometry. Vibration Reduction Curve. Double top tube. Replaceable derailleur hanger and disc mount.
- Frame sizes: 19 inches & 21 inches.
- CLIX system: this system makes it easy to fold the FIT in less than 20 seconds with a clever secondary locking system that prevents the bike from folding back if you forget to tighten the Quick Release lever.
- Wheels: Kenda Kontender Lite 700c x 23mm slick
- Adjustable Stem: Kally Uno. 110mm reach, 7 Degree Rise.
- FIT System: the Folding Integrated Technology (FIT) enables one to fold the bike without needing to break it. This feature makes it the strongest folding bike in the market.
- Saddle: Double Density Performance, with “Center Gap” Comfort Technology.
- Hubset: XERO, Element. Alloy. 28 hole rear, 24 hole front.
- Seatpost: Kalloy, 30.0 X 300mm Alloy Micro Adjust.
- Spokes: 14 Gauge Stainless
- Handlebars: Kalloy. Alloy, double butted. 25mm rise, 8 degree backsweep
The FIT is Montague’s top pavement bike. The frame is aluminum and designed with a patented folding system. Unlike the mass of folding bikes out there, Montague bikes keep the frame in one piece – no middle hinge. This leads to a stronger, more powerful bike. On this model the carbon fiber fork is incorporated to increase steering capability and create a smooth and responsive experience.
This bike is on the pricier end for folding road bikes. A good bike to compare it to might be the Allen Sports XWay. It is similar in price but the main differences being frame style, the XWay is 2 lbs. lighter and a 20 speed rather than the 30 speed FIT. It really comes down the style and ride you are looking for. Take your time and find the right bike for you.
Like all Montague folding bikes, the front wheel is removed during the folding process. This can take some time to get used to and also means you will have a wheel to keep track of. It still fits well in small vehicles but if you are taking it on a train or subway you might consider a carrying case to keep it all safely contained.
- Full Size Bike
- Light Weight – 26.5 lbs.
- 30 Speeds
- FIT frame
- Bike separates into 2 pieces when folded
We have just described the Montague FIT bike briefly and outlined its pros and cons. Plus, we’ve provided you with some insights into the bike’s features and performance. Above all, we have shared a few bike’s images as well as video with cyclists. So, you’ll have a better understanding of how the Montague FIT bike works. Now, it’s time for you to make a conclusion whether the bike is worth buying or not.
It’s fair to say that the Montague FIT would be the perfect bike for cyclists, who choose to travel around the city and even around the country. The Montague FIT bike rides well on different types of roads. As you can see, the Montague FIT is a feature rich folding bike that has everything that’s needed for an enjoyable ride. Most likely that Montague FIT bike will provide you with great riding experience. It’s pretty clear that Montague FIT folding bike is a smart choice for cyclists, who have enough money to purchase an expensive high performance folding bike. The bike has only 5 Star customer reviews. Obviously, Montague FIT folding bike has built a solid reputation among cyclists.
Montague bikes come in multiple frame sizes so be sure to select the appropriate size.