MOBIC Life X7 Folding Bike Review
To say the Mobic Life X7 Folding Bike is a stunner bike will be an understatement and a disservice to its beauty and power. Beyond being a stunner bike, it is a keeper that has become the delight of many riders. It is an aluminum frame folding bike designed with the best interest of commuters in mind.
Mobic life X7 folding bike is manufactured in the USA and MOBIC has put in place a 21-point quality inspection and road test prior to shipping of every bike. This is to ensure that proper adjustments are done on every working component of the bike. So, riders can be rest assured about the quality of any MOBIC bikes they purchase.
The MOBIC Life X7 folding bikes comes with MOBIC’s new innovative “Click-n-Lock” folding technology. This allows the bike to fold quickly and also increases the structural integrity of the folding frame and the handlepost. When unfolding the Life X7’s frame and handlepost, a click sound is heard, which indicate that the frame and handle post have been fully extended and locked in place. By pushing the locking lever in place, the folding connector is further tightened and strengthened. As a result, frame flex is reduced and the safety of the rider is guaranteed.
FEATURES AND SPECS
- Colors: Gray on Gloss White.
- Speeds: 7
- Weight: 28 lbs
- Folded dimensions: 30″ X 14″ X 26.5″
- Suggested rider height: 4’8″ to 6’2″
- Maximum rider weight: 230 lbs.
- The lightweight aluminum alloy frame is equipped with click-n-lock technology and the fork is Hi-tensile steel.
- The 7-speed bike has a handpost of adjustable height, alloy linear pull brakes, ergonomic grips and saddle, and 52T Crankgear with derailleur and double sided chainguard.
- The tires are top quality Kenda Kwest (20″ X 1.5″) and the mudguards are polycarbonate and stainless hardware.
- The rims/wheels are lightweight aluminum alloy while the spokes are stainless steel with brass nipples and lightweight alloy hubs.
- Folding/Unfolding time: 15 seconds.
- Assembled in California.
- The included fenders (mudguards) and chain guards protect the rider’s clothes against dirt while riding on wet roads or falling in potholes.
- The industry standard 20-inch tires as well as the linear pull brake can be easily replaced anywhere in the world.
- The 52T Crank gear kit and the high-pressure low-resistance 70 psi tires contribute to the better speed.
- Lightweight aluminum alloy frame are easy to carry about, placed in your car or carry on the train and bus.
- With the Click-n-lock folding technology, the bike can be folded with ease and just in less than 15 seconds.
- Rear rack frees your shoulders from fatigue by helping to carry the extra load.
- Great customer support.
- While 7 speeds are good, some customers of MOBIC life consider that 9 speed will just be perfect for the bike, since it gives more speed and less leg fatigue.
- The 5 year warranty on the frame, if change to life, will increase the chances of the bike ending up as an heirloom.
- Some riders complained about the low gear being too high, albeit this is minor.
- Price is not easy to approach for many customers.
The MOBIC Life X7 is designed for the everyday commuters and is ready for any type of shuttle. Riders can enjoy their commute and experience the fun of riding a MOBIC not just as a means of transportation but also for pleasure and for keeping fit.