Schwinn Loop 7-Speed Folding Bike Review
| Updated On
Schwinn Loop 7-Speed is a very popular folding bike as Schwinn is an American brand famous for revolutionizing fitness equipment.
Since the foundation in 1985, Schwinn has been very successful, they keeps the dedication to quality and introduces new bikes with great freedom and performance to all consumers. Those are the reasons why they have been one of the leaders in the industry for a while.
Features and Specs
Schwinn Loop is still built with convenience and comfort in mind. Before going further to quality of this bike, let’s check out its features and specs:
- Color: Black and Green
- Wheel: 20-inch alloy rims.
- Folded Size: 16″ x 32.5″ x 26″
- Weight: 33 pounds
- 3-piece single-speed crank set.
- City tires.
- 7-speed Shimano grip shifting.
- Low standover folding alloy frame to make it easier to fold and store.
- Alloy front and rear linear pull brakes.
- It has built-in carrier at the back so that you can carry more stuffs.
- Fenders on both the front and rear to protect you from road spray.
- Includes a heavy-gauge nylon bag to store the bicycle.
- Age range: over 12 years.
- Maximum rider weight: 230 lbs
- Country of origin: China
- Shipping weight: 47.2 lbs
- Box dimensions: 28″ x 17″ x 30″ (72cm x 43cm x 77 cm).
- Beautiful design.
- Great value for around $200.
- Very sturdy construction and it could last for over 10 years.
- Easy to fold.
- Brakes work great.
- Adjustable seat.
- Heavy and bulky even after being folded, so it is inconvenient to carry around.
- No locking mechanism (like magnet or strap) to tie wheels together when being folded.
- Height of handlebar is unadjustable.
- Thin layer of paint that is prone to scratch.
- Rubbish carrying bag.
- Some cheap components.
- The crankset easily gets worn out and it is not easy to get replacement for the 165mm crankset.
The Schwinn folder is among the highest-quality folding bikes you can buy for this money. It has great build quality, tough frame and beautiful curved look. However, the bike is not as flexible as other folding bikes, it is heavier, bulkier and there is no locking mechanism when being folded. However, this is a great choice as you still can easily put it in your car trunk. We totally recommend the Schwinn Loop.