Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike Review - Folding Bike 20
Do you need a powerful folding bicycle for off-road riding? If so, we would recommend you to pay a close attention to the Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike. It’s worth noting that the folding bike of this type has been designed with off-road cyclists in mind.
The Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike would be a great option for cyclists, who choose to ride in the mountains and in rural areas. You can ride the bike in the forest. It’s fair to say that this folding bicycle provides off-road cyclists with endless opportunities. The bike comes with 27 speeds. With this type of a folding bicycle you’ll find it easy to go uphill and downhill easily. It’s pretty easy to ride the bicycle in the rain and in the dirt. Actually, you can cycle in any weather with such a folding bicycle as the Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike. The bike makes it possible for off-road cyclists to overcome different types of challenges during a riding trip fast and easy.
The Montague 20-Inch Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike allows you to take your off-road riding a notch higher. This bike comes with plenty of gears for climbing and 100mm of travel in the front shocks to absorb the bumps of off-road trails. With this two-wheeler, you’ll tackle even the toughest terrains around. That means that everything is possible for a cyclist who has the Montague
Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike.
The Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike is well-known among cyclists for its patented folding system. The bike comes with Folding Integrated Technology that makes it possible for riders of all experience levels to fold/unfold a bicycle very quickly. The reality is the process of folding/unfolding the Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike is simple and doesn’t take too much time. On average, it takes a rider no longer than 20 seconds to fold or unfold the bicycle. Plus, you don’t need to use any tools to fold/unfold the Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike.
The bike itself is very compact. The bicycle will decrease in size dramatically if you fold it. The bike’s folded size: 36″ x 28″ x 12″.
$995 at Amazon & Prime Eligible
Features and Specifications
- Weight: 29 lbs.
- Folded size: 36″ x 28″ x 12″
- Wheel size: 26″
- Frame sizes: 18-inch and 20-inch frame.
- Speeds: 27
- CLIX system: The clever integration of the CLIX system into the Paratrooper Pro makes it possible to fold this bike in a little under 20 seconds without using any special tools. Folding this bike is as easy as flipping a CLIX quick release lever on the top tube to ensure it fits in small compartments like car trunks and on board buses or trains.
- Paratrooper Pro Frame: This technology eliminates the need to break the frame in order to fold it. That makes the bicycle stronger while the use of the FIT (Folding Integrated Technology) makes the folding easier.
- “LockOut” feature: The suspension has the ‘LockOut’ feature which allows one to turn on or off the suspension system depending on the type of road.
- Faster tires: The CST Critter Knobby tires are faster on the streets and still good for dirt trails.
- Speed: The 27 Speed feature gives you more gears and easier shifters for quicker shifting and responsiveness.
- Front Derailleur: Top Swing Dual Pull. Shimano Acera.
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX 9-Speed.
- Chain set: Alloy 170mm crank arm, SR Suntour XCM. Matte Black
- Frame: custom drawn 7005 Series Aluminum with FIT System.
- Shifters: Shimano RAPIDFIRE Plus Trigger Shifters
- Stem: Alloy, K-alloy Direct Connect. 105 millimeters with 7 degree rise
- Fork: Disc Compatible. 100 mm travel. Alloy one piece lower. SR Suntour XCM HLO with hydraulic lockout.
Pros and Cons of the Bike
You need to know that the Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike delivers multiple significant benefits to riders. On the other hand, like any bicycle the Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike has its own drawbacks. And of course, it would be great for you to analyze the advantages and disadvantages of the Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike carefully ahead of time. This is something that will definitely help you draw your own conclusions about the Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike. Finally, you’ll be able to decide whether the bike is worth buying or not. Below, we’ll outline the pros and cons of the Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike.
- Powerful on and off-road riding because it has strong suspension and braking system that can control it when it is running at a high speed.
- It is quick and easy to fold and release.
- Montague Pro Folding Matte Black Bike can handle rugged mountain terrains.
- It is a bike that can be carried and packed with ease.
- The bike has 27 gear speed.
- It is not ideal for commuter riding
- It is a bit heavy and bulky to carry even after being folded.
Thank you so much for reading this folding bike review. We have just provided you with everything you need to know about the bicycle. So, you have an understanding of what you can expect from the bike. Now, it’s time for you to make the final conclusion about the Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike. In other words, you have to decide if the Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike is the perfect bicycle for you or not.
The Montague 20-Inch Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike is ideal for off-road riding. This is a perfect folding mountain bike that will not disappoint in handling steep climbs or rugged downhill sections. Bikers can comfortably roam in any place with this bike version since, it can maneuver those technical single tracks with ease and precision while letting you experience the comfort of riding on a folding bike. This bike is great for anyone looking to combine the joy of mountain biking and the luxury and convenience of owning a folding bike.
Special Price: $995 at Amazon & Prime Eligible
If you take a closer look at the Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike, you’ll be able to figure out that the vast majority of cyclists are happy with the bike. According to the customer review statistics, up to 82% of cyclists have left positive reviews about the Montague Paratrooper Pro Folding Bike. All of this means that the bicycle is worth buying!
See updated price and read more customer reviews here.
I’ve had this bike for a couple months now. It’s built like a tank, yet still nimble. Compared to the Norco I used to ride, the Paratrooper feels more rugged and capable of rougher terrain. My only couple gripes are that the stock handlebar is too short for my liking, taking away some straight line stability. Also, there is more than enough low-end torque for the stock 26″ wheels. A 27″ wheel would balance this bike much better.
Overall, it’s a great handling bike with sturdy components, and it looks good too.