Schwinn Loop 7-Speed Folding Bike Review
Schwinn Loop 7-Speed is a very popular folding bike as Schwinn is an American brand famous for revolutionizing fitness equipment.
Since the foundation in 1985, Schwinn has been very successful, they keeps the dedication to quality and introduces new bikes with great freedom and performance to all consumers. Those are the reasons why they have been one of the leaders in the industry for a while.
What is great about Schwinn Loop 7-Speed is that this type of a folding bike is very compact and easy to use. Obviously, Schwinn Loop 7-Speed folding bike is small in size. In fact, Schwinn Loop 7-Speed is known for being a space saving bike. That means that if you choose to purchase Schwinn Loop 7-Speed folding bike, then you can rest easy knowing that this type of a folding bike will not occupy too much space in your office, room or apartment.
Are you afraid that your bike can be stolen? Keep in mind that you can easily fold your bike and bring it with you indoors when such a need arises. After that, you’ll be able to unfold your bike and ride it again. This will definitely help you prevent your bike from being stolen.
It’s pretty easy to travel with Schwinn Loop 7-Speed folding bike. Do you choose to travel by boat, by car or by airplane? Or, maybe, you are a camper? One way or another, you can always take the bike with you easily. Also, you’ll not find it difficult to take your Schwinn Loop 7-Speed folding bike on train, bus and on other type of public transport. Once you get an opportunity to ride during your trip, you will be able to unfold a bike quickly and go for a ride.
It’s also important to note that Schwinn Loop 7-Speed is a universal folding bike. You’ll find it easy to ride a folding bike in urban areas. On the other hand, you can take advantage of the bike to get around the city fast and easy.
And of course, Schwinn Loop 7-Speed is a folding bike that impresses cyclists with its great features. The bike’s key features include: 7 speeds, alloy linear pull brakes, alloy super low stand-over folding frame, full fenders, a rear cargo rack and many others. Another important thing that you need to be aware of is that the bike comes with a heavy bag. So, it wouldn’t be difficult for you to store and transport a bike if such a need arises. There is no doubt that you’ll find it comfortable to ride such a folding bike as Schwinn Loop 7-Speed!
In this review, we would like to provide you with more details about Schwinn Loop 7-Speed folding bike. First of all, we’ll describe briefly the bike’s features and specs. Then, we’ll share folding/unfolding video with you. After that, we’ll outline pros and cons of Schwinn Loop 7-Speed folding bike. Lastly, we’ll help you make conclusions about the bike. Finally, you’ll be able to decide whether Schwinn Loop 7-Speed folding bike is worth buying or not.
Features and Specs
Schwinn Loop is still built with convenience and comfort in mind. Before going further to quality of this bike, let’s check out its features and specs:
- Color: Black and Green
- Wheel: 20-inch alloy rims.
- Folded Size: 16″ x 32.5″ x 26″
- Weight: 33 pounds
- 3-piece single-speed crank set.
- City tires.
- 7-speed Shimano grip shifting.
- Low standover folding alloy frame to make it easier to fold and store.
- Alloy front and rear linear pull brakes.
- It has built-in carrier at the back so that you can carry more stuffs.
- Fenders on both the front and rear to protect you from road spray.
- Includes a heavy-gauge nylon bag to store the bicycle.
- Age range: over 12 years.
- Maximum rider weight: 230 lbs
- Country of origin: China
- Shipping weight: 47.2 lbs
- Box dimensions: 28″ x 17″ x 30″ (72cm x 43cm x 77 cm).
The reality is Schwinn Loop 7-Speed folding bike delivers multiple significant benefits to cyclists of all skill levels. Below, we’ll explain to you briefly how you can benefit from the bike.
- Beautiful design.
- Great value for around $200.
- Very sturdy construction and it could last for over 10 years.
- Easy to fold.
- Brakes work great.
- Adjustable seat.
We all know that every folding bike has its own drawbacks and, of course, Schwinn Loop 7-Speed folding bike is no exception. Below, we’ll outline the disadvantages of the folding bike.
- Heavy and bulky even after being folded, so it is inconvenient to carry around.
- No locking mechanism (like magnet or strap) to tie wheels together when being folded.
- Height of handlebar is unadjustable.
- Thin layer of paint that is prone to scratch.
- Rubbish carrying bag.
- Some cheap components.
- The crankset easily gets worn out and it is not easy to get replacement for the 165mm crankset.
The Schwinn folder is among the highest-quality folding bikes you can buy for this money. It has great build quality, tough frame and beautiful curved look. However, the bike is not as flexible as other folding bikes, it is heavier, bulkier and there is no locking mechanism when being folded. However, this is a great choice as you still can easily put it in your car trunk. We totally recommend the Schwinn Loop.