Dahon Mu P8 Folding Bike Review
For a long time it has been predicted that both winners and losers of the future folding bike is going to be judged regarding weight. On a standard bike, less weight will be always appreciated by the riders, because a folding bike must be easily carried.
We’ve dropped rely with the lots of strapping good fellows who’ve explained that they can’t fully grasp your passion regarding light-weight folders. If an individual too can certainly run the length of Clapham Junction that has a 11kg bike, as well as heave it on the sill of the vehicle boot, he genuinely won’t end up being serious interested. But for others, light-weight folding motorbikes would be the foreseeable future.
While using the Dahon Mu P8 Folding bike for every journey, this lightweight will always be a positive and comforting factor. On the highway, the less resistance in riding as well as sharp gears changing will be liked as well.
Unboxing & Assembly Video
- Colors: Cloud White, Obsidian.
- Speeds: 8
- Folded dimensions: 11.7″ × 30.8″ × 25.7″ (30cm × 79cm × 66cm)
- Folding time of 15 sec.
- Weight: 27.1 lbs (12.3 kg).
- Frame: PA series – dalloy aluminum.
- Fork: Dahon slipstream, dalloy aluminum
- BioLogic Post Pump combines a seatpost and powerful floor pump.
- Best for rider of height 4’8″ – 6’4″ (142 – 193 cm).
- Maximum rider weight can be 105 kg (230 lbs).
- Shipping weight: 34.8 lbs (15.8 kg)
- Box dimensions: 12.2″ x 33″ x 25″
Folding & Unfolding
Dahon Mu P8 bike is actually amazing. This bike is surely Dahon’s one of the most versatile and well featured bike. It really is amazingly light, classy enough to catch attention everywhere you go with this and also durable enough for ride. The particular bike is usually seen as excellent performance, value and produces all 3 goals of Dahon: 1) Being lighter in weight, 2) Strong structure and 3) Good speed. Dahon Mu P8 is light enough to be carried in the stairs, modest enough to be located at the rear of a car. It has very quickly and precise shifts; reduced profile of design shielded it from destruction. Dahon Compensation tires and Schwalbe Racer tires are light and quick running. The Radius Telescope handlepost is adjustable and it will provide custom fit for most cyclists. Dahon provide warranty of their bike’s handle posts, bike frame, and inflexible forks for 5 years.
The only problem I had with the bike is that the locking system securing 2 wheels when folded is made of plastic and it was broken out of the box, as you can see in some images below. Many Dahon bikes use the plastic Snap Lok system and this is actually the first time I see it broken. The system includes a pin and a clip found on the front and rear wheel, we just need to snap the two together when folding the bike.
- Best bike for carrying in the flight of stairs because of its light weight, small enough folding size to be stored at any corner of the house.
- Fast as well as precise shifts
- Can be folded very quickly and easily.
- Cool design.
- It is easy to assemble and ready to use out of the box.
- Integrated pump in seat post.
- Bumps, potholes, curbs can cause trouble to this bike.
- Not good for people who like the taste of real speed.
Many of us feel this Dahon Mu P8 is worth every penny you have to pay for it. This is a bike you will love because of its features and qualities – this runs effectively and also it’s great for carrying.