Montague Crosstown 700c Folding Bike Review
Do you need a folding bike to get around the town? Or, maybe, you are looking for a folding bicycle because you want to live a healthier life? One way or another, we would recommend you to consider Montague Crosstown 7 Speed Folding Bike. The bicycle itself is very practical and comfortable. That means that this type of a folding bike is likely to provide you with great riding experience.
What is great about Montague Crosstown 7 Speed Folding Bike is that this bicycle is great for riders of all experience levels. So, both beginners and experienced cyclists will probably find it easy to ride this bicycle. The vast majority of riders say that Montague Crosstown 7 Speed Folding Bike is a nice bycicle that’s suitable for everyone.
It’s worth noting that Montague Crosstown 7 Speed Folding Bike makes a difference as a bicycle with Montague’s patented folding system. Keep in mind that it will take you no longer than 20 seconds to fold/unfold a bike whenever it’s necessary. Another important thing is that you don’t need to use any tools to fold/unfold a bicycle.
Montague Crosstown 7 Speed Folding Bike makes a big impression on cyclists with its great concentric seat tube design. The bike comes with a strong frame. The reality is bike’s tubing doesn’t have any breaks. This is something that makes bike’s frame very strong.
You need to know that Montague Crosstown 7 Speed Folding Bike comes with a comfortable saddle. The bike’s saddle is wider and thicker comparing to standard saddles. And of course, the bike’s saddle like this one will contribute greatly to rider’s comfort.
There is no doubt that you’ll like the bike’s full-size wheels that make it easy for a cyclist to overcome various challenges on his/her way. It’s also important to note that Montague Crosstown 7 Speed Folding Bike has normal geometry that’s required for an enjoyable ride.
The Montague Crosstown 700c Folding Bike is a clever integration of the patented CLIX system that enables it to fold and release quickly and a strong frame construction design that makes this bike the strongest folding bike in the market.
This bicycle comes with 700c tires that make riding in town or on rugged terrain easy and comfortable. Utilizing its ground-breaking CLIX and FIT system technologies, the Crosstown is easy to handle and carry around.
Key features and Specifications
- Color: Gray / Black
- Folded Size: 36″ x 28″ x 12″
- Weight: 27 lbs
- Speeds: 7
- Shifters: RevoShift Shimano 7-Speed
- Frame: Aluminum tubing having FIT System, Custom drawn 7005 Series
- Frame sizes: 17 inches, 19 inches and 21 inches.
- CLIX system: this system makes it easy to fold the Crosstown in less than 20 seconds with a clever secondary locking system that prevents the bike from folding back if you forget to tighten the Quick Release lever.
- Wheels: the Montague Crosstown bicycle comes with a set of 700c wheels which are better that the more common 16″/20″/24″ wheels. The 700c wheels are ideal for both on-road and off-road biking.
- Adjustable Stem: the adjustable stem allows the handlebar height to be adjusted without compromising the bike’s handling and comfort. The octagonal-shaped stem can also be raised or lowered while still engaging in steering.
- FIT System: the Folding Integrated Technology (FIT) enables one to fold the bike without needing to break it. This feature makes it the strongest folding bike in the market.
- Saddle: Performance Gel comfort
- Hubset: Formula. Alloy CLIX front quick release
- Seatpost: 30.0 X 300mm Alloy
- Spokes: 14 Gauge Stainless
- Handlebars: Riser style 30 millimeters rise. 580 millimeters wide.
- Montague Crosstown is easy, quick to fold and release.
- It is available as readily assembled.
- You can easily store and carry it around
- The tires have a high-profile configuration which simplifies wheel removal
- The 700c wheels, have good traction and can soak up bumps well and it does not require addition of shocks on its front fork.
- Montague Crosstown 19 Boulder Mountain Bike has good speed on and off-road.
- Quick and easy handlebar tube and seat stem tube adjustment; takes about a minute.
- Montague Crosstown 7 Speed Folding Bike is an easy to transport folding bicycle.
- It may not fit in the trunks of some cars even when folded.
- Some cyclists find that Montague Crosstown 7 Speed Folding Bike is heavier than other folding bicycles.
- Montague Crosstown 7 Speed Folding Bike is more expensive than other folding bicycles.
The Montague Crosstown Pavement Bike is a well designed and executed bike. The parts are reliable; the speed is great; while being very comfortable and affordable. If you’ve never tried using foldable bikes, then this one will really change your perception of foldable bikes. If you ride to work and still take the occasional off-road adventure, this bike will adapt to both situations with no fuss at all.
Special Price: Check Amazon for Current Availability & Pricing
If you choose to analyze customer reviews of Montague Crosstown 7 Speed Folding Bike, you’ll quickly find that the model has become a foldable bicycle of choice for so many cyclists these days. According to bike’s customer reviews, a lot of cyclists prefer to use Montague Crosstown 7 Speed Folding Bike to go to work. It’s pretty easy to travel around the city by bicycle particularly during peak hours. Consumers also point out that the bike is easy to transport. Many riders point out that they find it easy to take a bike on a bus or on train. The bike also fits into car trunk easily. That means that it wouldn’t be difficult for you to put a bicycle in a car. Obviously, Montague Crosstown 7 Speed Folding Bike is a bicycle that has been designed with rider’s comfort in mind. So, we hope that you’ll enjoy riding Montague Crosstown 7 Speed Folding Bike.