Dahon Speed D7 Folding Bike Review - An Easy, Compact and High-quality Bike
Riding on a bike to work is definitely a favorite option of transportation for many people nowadays, but this kind of journeys are generally minimal in distance, as suitable storage in office buildings usually are very rare. This can cause heartache for the fear of losing a person’s favorite companion on the road. Foldable bike is often a answer to this problem.
When many of us can’t get on the trains with our complete size bikes, why don’t you acquire something more compact or maybe better still, a new folding bike that could decrease the size by half. The following bike that may be recommended in order to suit your purposes: The Dahon Speed D7.
This Speed D7 is a genuine treasure in terms of its benefit as well as performance, turning it into a strong favorite in the Dahon collection. Hand welded as well as a fast-shifting Neos derailleur with seven gears, this bike is usually a ideal companion regarding urban riding.
Riding a bike hasn’t been that exciting. Dahon Speed D7 includes sporty effectiveness with outstanding benefit. This bike frame is welded by hand from custom made 4130 chromoly Sonus tube and combines half a dozen different copyrighted technological aspects, producing what’s probably is the stiffest frame of Dahon. This bike has the Dahon Neos backed derailleur, a stunning brand-new design that features an ultra short cage to enhance ground clearance and fast shift. Dahon Speed have used the Neos with the 11-30T cassette, when compared with the last 14-28T wheel, presents almost 37% rise in gear. Sleek, straightforward and exceptional exactly what the majority of people wish inside a folding cycle.
The most beneficial component around the Dahon Speed D7 would be the sensitive Neos shifter. These seven gear provides wide range of variety, in fact it is a piece of cake to shift the gear utilizing a twist-gear shifter. It can cope with almost any slope or hill in the everyday riding.
With 20″ wheels, this Speed D7 can also be quicker in comparison with the majority of foldable cycles. Because of frame, this specific bike can beat majority of kinds of transports. There is a holder included if you want to carry some goods. And the fenders safeguard your outfits from mud and water on your way.
- Colors: Tangerine Orange, Baltic Blue and Obsidian Black.
- Weight: 27.6 lbs (12.5 kg).
- Folded size: 11.8″ × 30.3″ × 25.2″ (30 × 77 × 64 cm).
- Frame: K Series 4130 chromoly lightweight steel frame.
- Tires: 20″ x 1.50″
- Speeds: 7
- Forged Alloy, Radius Telescope adjustable handlepost.
- For stain protection Dahon Speed has chrome plastic mudguards.
- Folding pedals.
- Recommended rider height: 4’8″ – 6’4″ (142 – 193 cm)
- Maximum rider weight: 230 lbs (105 kg)
- Shipping weight: 37 pounds.
- Box dimensions: 33″ x 12″ x 25.6″ (84 x 31 x 65 cm).
Test Riding Video
- Neos derailleur provides fast and easy shifting.
- Folded compactly and quickly (within 15 seconds).
- Stainless steel spokes and alloy seat-post to enhance durability.
- Comfort micro adjust seat-post is introduced for riders.
- The brake is responsive.
- To accommodate different height of riders, handlebar, handlepost and seatpost can be adjusted easily.
- Rear rack and mudguard are included.
- It is a little heavy, so it could be hard to carry with hand.
- The gap between the ground and the pedals is quite small for sharp turns.
With just a couple of shortcomings, as soon as you get used to the Dahon Speed D7’s controlling qualities, this greatly fulfils the needs of the rider who wishes to combine his ride with the open transport system.
Regular Price: $549