Dahon IOS S9 Folding Bike Review - When Riding Quality is not Compromised ...
Picking the right type of a folding bike is not always easy. The truth is that there are a lot of folding bikes available for sale on the market these days. A quick Google search reveals that folding bikes come in different designs, colors and style. That means that it may take you too much time to select a folding bike of your choice. You need to know that Dahon IOS S9 folding bike has become a very popular option among cyclists of all skill levels.
The Dahon IOS S9 Orange and Black (2013 model) folding bike is an eye catching sight as it runs on the road. With its black, orange and gold anodized trimmings this folding bicycle has a lot to offer. Dahon IOS S9 folding bike has many incredible benefits. Now, it’s time for you to reveal the most significant competitive advantages of the folding bike.
– Dahon IOS S9 is a beautiful folding bike. So, the bike is likely to impress you with its great design. You’ll definitely like the combination of black and orange colors on bike’s frame. However, the most important thing is that Dahon IOS S9 folding bike has been designed with comfort, convenience and safety in mind.
– It’s fair to say that Dahon IOS S9 is a feature rich and very functional folding bike. The bike’s key features include 24 inch wheels, a super low-step frame, luggage socket, Schwalbe Kojak Urban Tires as well as hydraulic disc brakes. The folding bike also comes with a high capacity bicycle pump that can be easily integrated into the bike’s seatpost.
– Another important thing that you need to be aware of is that Dahon IOS S9 is a comfortable folding bike. You’ll definitely find it easy to fold and unfold Dahon IOS S9 folding bike. It’s worth noting that the process of folding/unfolding a bike is very simple. You even don’t need to lift a bike. Traditionally, it takes a cyclist no longer than 15 seconds to fold (or unfold) Dahon IOS S9 bicycle.
– Dahon IOS S9 is a very compact bike. That’s why it’s pretty easy to travel with such a folding bike as Dahon IOS S9. You can easily take the bike on a car, train and other type of public transportation.
– It’s important to note that Dahon IOS S9 folding bike is the perfect option for beginners and professional cyclists.
– Dahon IOS S9 is known for being a town bike. That means that you’ll certainly find it easy to travel around the town with this type of a folding bike. On the other hand, the bike can be successfully used for long time rides in rural areas.
If you would like to learn more about Dahon IOS S9 folding bike, then you’ve come to the right place. This Dahon IOS S9 folding bike review concentrates on the bike’s key features and specs, pros and cons. Plus, we’ll provide you with the video that explains to cyclists how to fold/unfold Dahon IOS S9 folding bike as well as test ride video. So, you will be able to figure out how to get the most out of your Dahon IOS S9 folding bike. As a result, we’ll help you draw the conclusions about Dahon IOS S9 folding bike.
Want to race uphill with riding buddies? This bike can go the extra mile whether quickly breezing through downhill or taking a climb uphill. Dahon IOS S9 has a mechanical disc break that allows this bike to screech to a halting stop. Having problems with limited storage? Dahon Flat Pak technology allows the bike to fold flat without a hitch. Change into a different riding position depending on the road conditions being traversed. The IOS S9 has big wheels allow riders in experiencing a sleek ride while at the same time enjoy storing the bike afterwards into a small size fold. IOS S9 is definitely a top of the line folding bicycle that fits every commuting needs. For weekend riders, fold and stow this bicycle away on the car compartment. Take it out when there is a need for a short morning or evening exercise to make those muscles of the body work and tone.
Features and Specs
Here are Dahon IOS S9 Key Features and Specs:
- Predominantly black with orange.
- Wheel size: 24 inches.
- Folded Dimensions: 15.5″ x 34″ x 30″ (39.4 x 86.4 x 76.2 cm)
- Weight: 28.6 lbs (12.97 kg)
- 9 speeds with DAHON Super Compact Neos 9 rear derailleur.
- Frame: Hydroformed Dalloy Aluminum wit Forged Lattice Hinge
- Biologic Post Pump which helpfully merges pump into the seatpost
- Brakes: Winzip Mech Disc,160/160 Rotors
- Brake levers: Avid BL FR5
- Handlepost: Forged Alloy Radius Telescope with Fusion and Flatpak Technology
- Tires: Schwalbe Kojak 24″ x 1.5″
- Front hub: DAHON Disc 100 mm, 32 Hole
- Rear hub: DAHON Disc 135 mm, 32 Hole
- Suggested Rider Height: 4’8″-6’5″ (142-195 cm)
- Recommended Rider Weight: less than 230 lbs (105 kg)
- Shipping weight: 38 lbs
- Box dimensions: 17″ x 34″ x 29″
Folding and Unfolding
- Folds as fast as less than a minute without a need to lift the bike.
- Quite lightweight for a big-wheel folding bike.
- Easy to adjust handle post
- With luggage socket allows the attachment to hold various bags and baskets not just from Dahon, but from other bicycle brands as well.
- The bigger wheel size of 24″ provides better speed and comfort.
- The frame is very durable and can accommodate up to 230 lbs weight.
- Slight issue on the bicycle chain because of constant wear and tear; this is due to constant riding that can take a toll on the bike resulting to the chain’s worn out teeth.
- Folding/Unfolding mechanism is not really smooth.
- The brakes need some adjustments out of the box.
- Fenders are not included in the package.
- Disc brakes are not advisable for global bicycle riders since replacements are expensive and not readily available in many countries.
For riding comfort a rider should know which brake to choose. It all boils down to several determining factors. Consider the weight and riding style of the rider. In summer, it is easy to be confident using disc brakes, but not so during the cold winter months. This bike has front and rear disc brakes to help bikers arrive towards their chosen destination. This bicycle is a good companion especially for those who are on their way to attend their classes or want to get to work on time. Don’t miss the chance of riding a smart looking bicycle as Dahon IOS S9. This bike conveniently combines the comfort of modern living with a traditional sleek design. Dahon has more than 25 years of experience as far as producing and inventing new bicycles. What more can one ask for?