Prodeco V3 Phantom X2 Folding Electric Bicycle Review
Stylish and powerful, this is how the Prodeco V3 Phantom X2 8-Speed Folding Electric Bicycle is described by those who have bought this folding bike. It is surprising to know that this electric bicycle is affordable.
Prodeco Technologies is known for designing high quality controlled bicycles in the USA, they have some other great folding electric bikes like Prodeco V3 Mariner Sport or Prodeco Technologies G Plus Mariner 7. Since Prodeco bicycles are designed on a daily basis, the components are fresh and the stocks remain new.
Riders are raving over the elite components and adjustable nature of this black beauty. Its power on demand propulsion throttle allows rider to glide effortlessly. Riders have the option to pedal the bike just like a regular bicycle for their daily exercise routine.
Good news to daily commuters since its compact design allows owners to simply take it with them on the bus, subway, train and just about anywhere they desire to go. Riders are happy to note that a few months along the way, the Phantom X2 manages to perform the same just like when it was first used. Surprisingly they say this bike has remained solid even if they managed to ride it in almost all kinds of terrain that they can think of.
Features and Specs
- Color: Matte Black
- Weight: 58 lbs
- Folded size: 48″ x 36″ x 28″
- Continental Traffic 26″ x 2.1″ Tires
- 20 mph speed
- SRAM X7 Twist 8 Speed Shifter and Mid Derailleur
- Magnesium fork
- Half inch Twist Throttle
- Avid Disc Brakes and Rotors
- Comes with Life P04 Lithium 24 Cell Batteries
- Charging time: 5.5 hours
- Rear 36V-500W Motor
- Covers 28 to 38 distance before recharging
- Has Lifetime frame warranty
- Comes 2 years components warranty
- Better lithium batteries. Can charge at higher amps. This means the batteries will not deteriorate even in high temperatures unlike those that are used by other electric bicycles in the market
- Quiet engine
- Easy to assemble; tighten the stem bolt and riders are ready to go
- Allows riders to exercise much like a regular bike but does not leave them breathless during long steep hill climbs
- Does not require gasoline
- Can easily adjust to any assist that the rider wants
- Perfect match to its price
- Designed and quality tested in the USA
- Heavier than other electric folding bikes.
- Can barely go on full throttle (25mph) at just one charge. Requires additional charging
- Left handle gear switch for the back wheel gear. Takes a bit of getting use to for those who are right handed
- Back break not easily aligned because of the engine positioned behind it
- Does not allow rack to be installed in the back, although Prodeco has mentioned that they are planning to have a backpack like contraption install later on
- The handle bar is too curve for comfort
- Needs a little break tune up for proper alignment after it is delivered
This bike is well built. For those who have received minor flaws on the design they can easily have it replaced without questions asked. Riders say that this bike has a strong engine that it can even beat a car at its present speed of 20mph. Riders must be reminded though that this is a bike and not a motorbike. They are glad to own one because there are days when they do not want to exert an effort bike manually.