Dahon Mu N360 Folding Bike Review
The Dahon Mu series include a lot of high-quality and popular bikes in the United States. The Dahon Mu N360 is among the high-end models and it is promised to provide effortless rides that you would love and also the maintenance-free drivetrain makes sure you can focus on cycling everyday.
Features and Specs
- Color: Indigo Blue
- Speeds: Continuously Variable Transmission
- Frame: PA Series – Dalloy Aluminum, Lattice forged hinge, custom drawn Sonus tubing.
- Fork: Dahon SlipSteam, Dalloy aluminum, patented Fusion technology, double-butted tubing.
- Brakes: Dahon SpeedStop V-brakes, stainless link, anchor and pivot bolts
- Handlepost: Radius adjustable, forged aluminum
- Handlebar: 6061-T6 aluminum Dahon Comp
- Crankset: FSA Supra, forged 6061 cranks, 6061 chainring
- Folded size: 11.8″ × 31.1″ × 26″
- Tires: Schwalbe Citizen
- Wheel size: 20 inches.
- Weight: 28.8 lbs (13.1 kg)
- Saddle: Dahon by WTB, Aria
- Front hub: Ultralight 58 gram Dahon Neutron, cartridge bearings
- Rear hub: NuVinci N360 CVP Drivetrain, 32H
- The NuVinci 360 system features a 360-degree range in gearing.
- Shifter: NuVinci N360
- Folds within 15 sec.
- Folding pedal.
- Clip system: Magnetix
- Suggested for rider with height between 4’8″ – 6’4″ and maximum rider weight of 230 lbs.
Folding & Unfolding
The brand new NuVinci N360 CVT hub provides uncomplicated, ultra smooth switching throughout an array of gears. There is no more interruption between gear switches, now it is just simple and smooth as turning the volume knob on your TV. Besides, I really love the NuVinci N360 shifter with its beautiful appearance. You can see an intuitive display showing a rider and a hill. When you rotate the shifter grip, it can change from a totally flat road to a high hill (which are equivalent to faster speeds and slower speeds), so you can easily adjust the drivetrain depending on the terrain you are cycling. Additionally, there are absolutely no dangling derailleurs, so there is less maintenance required. The new shifting process will help you focus on cycling and forget about distracting sounds when you adjust the shifter. If you buy the system separately, it will cost you nearly $400.
This Mu N360 provides everything an urban rider needs, which includes Dahon’s trademarked folding style that allows us to fold within just 15 seconds, the clamps tend to be ergonomic and also simple to operate. The Magnetix system can keep the bike secured when it is folded. The only problem is that it is a little heavier than many Dahon bikes, and I also see some scratches on the frame because the handlepost leans on the frame when you fold the bike.
The particular Dahon MU N360 also comes with Dahon Seatpost Pump, a Biologic pump built directly into your seat post. This is very convenient and you can pump your tires with less efforts than using hand pumps.
- The cycle folds over simply and easily fits in trunk area. Really it’ll fit nicely at the back of perhaps the smallest car.
- NuVinci gearless drive hub gives comfort and smoothness to this bike.
- Beautiful shifter
- Less maintenance required
- Heavy frame and drivetrain.
- Some obvious scratches on the body due to folding mechanism.
It might perform perfectly as a possible metropolitan commuter cycle that allows the rider to get into subway, taxi or perhaps hop on a shuttle bus. For cyclists looking for a bike that provides a simple and effortless ride, this can be an excellent choice.