Stowabike 20" City Bike Compact Folding 6-Speed Shimano Bicycle Review
Any urban dweller would definitely find their match with the Stowabike 20″ City Bike Compact Folding 6-Speed Shimano Bicycle. First of all it is a good choice for a commuting bike that, it is so easy to store and fold all in just a few seconds. The instruction manual actually helps but since the set-up is so simple there is no problem assembling this bike.
There are a lot of things that Stowabike should be proud of and for a good reason; here are some of its features and specs.
Features and Specs
- Color: Silver
- Weight: 35 lbs
- Folded Dimensions: 24 x 34 x 32 inches
- Designed with City Life in mind
- Durable and sturdy 20” steel folding frame
- Steel 20″ Fork
- Adjustable seat and height
- Comes with Microshift 6 speed
- Easy folding and storage
- Built in with steel mudguard and rack
- Can carry as much as 280 lbs. of weight
This bicycle has enough gears for climbing hills and such kind of difficult terrain. The Shimano shifter only needs minor adjustments just to run smoothly. The brakes can be trusted to work strong so that there are fewer risks of potential accidents. This bike might be small but it is a prized possession for those who have discovered its usefulness. Its handlebars are easy to remove and store.
One of the things that make this bike salable is its smart looking aesthetics. It is cheap but the price does not reflect on the bike. Even kids can ride on the bike which shows the versatility of this bike. It also helps that the customer service will send accidentally damage parts for replacement without questions asked. They even send a few extra screws and pedals. Women do find it a joy to ride in this bike. One of the difficulties of traveling in a large city is when faced with transit challenges. This bike gives city dwellers the privilege to travel with ease even in the midst of traffic.
For those who travel often and need the bike as a form of exercise it is easy to fold it up and store it in the luggage compartment since it does not take up too much space. The seat is wide enough to accommodate even heavy stock individuals. For condominium dwellers, they can store this in storage bins during the winter months. For those who find it hard to look for a bike that looks tough and yet comes with the right price, you have definitely found what you are looking for. Stowabike have found a way to answer the needs of city dwellers and even those who do not live in the city. Its nice silver theme color does make this bicycle look better. It does not look trendy, it is a little bulky and heavy but it is practically priced.
- The bike has an aesthetically pleasing design
- A tall rider say that his frame fits comfortably in the bike
- An old distance rider finds this bike easy to manage
- Owners have the option to carry the bike on their shoulders using a belt to strap it in while they shop since it is that lightweight. A few of the other owners have done this very thing
- A bit heavy at 35 lbs.
- The bike does not fold as small as other similarly priced items
- The handlebar does not fold down.
- The bike works well on dirt road but it feel sluggish when used on paved surfaces.
- Materials seem quite cheap and components are prone to damages.
Regular Price: $375