Best Lightweight Folding Bikes - A Choice for Modern People
The popularity of folding bikes is increasing day by day. What is great about lightweight folding bikes is that they are easy to use. Keep in mind that you’ll never find it hard to travel with a folding bike. This is because such a bike may be stored easily as well as can be carried on buses and trains. A bike itself doesn’t occupy too much space.
Don’t think that the compact size will compromise quality. The brand name is also a big matter because top brands possess a reputation in addition to market position which they care. Apart from specs or features, product reviews and recommendations can also help. To match your requirements in a bike, there are quite a number of ideal choices you possibly should consider.
Lightweight folding bikes have become an incredibly popular choice of so many Americans these days for obvious reasons. Below, we’ll talk about the most important benefits of lightweight folding bikes.
– The folding bike models will not be inferior to the regular bikes when it comes to durability and performance. Lightweight folding bikes can provide you lots of good advantages. First, you can certainly pack that on a train or maybe bus if you travel long distance.
– Second, you can carry it around handily without significant problem.
– Additionally, it can be a common notion that lightweight products mean convenience and also lesser burden on the part of the user.
– Lastly, a lightweight feature could also mean quick storage and also space supervision.
– Lightweight folding bikes could be a fantastic solution for those who are quite conscious about the amount of space they have in their homes – for example people living in apartments and flats. Storage is not an issue at all. It may easily fit into a modest space or corner.
– Additionally, it can certainly be transported as it fits well into a vehicle’s trunk area. Because of this you can take it to you whenever you intend to have a weekend escape. You may have that comforting, enjoyable along with pleasurable experience of riding at any time and at any place. The special feature enables you to conveniently consider your bike as a partner in your travel.
– A lightweight bike does not mean lesser durability and security. In reality, most cyclists are completely enthusiastic about the performance and safety feature of their bikes. Most of the folders are comparable to traditional or maybe conventional bikes with regards to stability, durability and quality.
As you can see, having a lightweight folding bike delivers multiple significant benefits to people who travel on a regular basis. That means that the list of lightweight bike’s advantages could go on and on. So, the big question is – what are the best models of lightweight folding bikes? Now, it’s time to get the answer to this important question!
Right now, we are going to review some of the best lightweight folding bikes which are available for sale on Amazon these days. Each of these bikes has a lot of positive customer reviews and has built a solid reputation among cyclists in the United States and all over the world.
Most Lightweight Folding Bikes
Below some high-quality lightweight folding bike models in the North America:
1. Dahon MU Uno
Dahon MU Uno, made by the market-leaders Dahon, is simply the lightest folding bike with 20-inch wheels. The single-speed bike is so small and light that I can easily carry it with one hand. Specifically, it weighs just 22 lbs (9.9 kg). The folding bike looks gorgeous with its minimal design (no cable, no shifter) and high-quality sturdy frame. If you feel uncomfortable with the coaster brake (back-pedalling brake), you still can use the included dual-pivot caliper brake and handbrake lever.
The bike is currently available for around $599 on Amazon, this is absolutely on top of my recommendations.
Dahon Speed Uno is another lightweight bike weighing just over 24 pounds. The bike has single speed with rear coaster brake. This is a great looking bike with minimal design, it is an ideal means of transportation for commuters, campers and even caravaners.
Dahon Speed Uno is the among most lightweight folding bikes available on the U.S. market. It is currently priced at $399, good value for the excellent bike.
Speck SS Folding Bike is the new single-speed that is very similar to the Dahon Speed Uno. They both have almost the same size and weight. However, the Speck SS is nearly $100 cheaper than the Dahon bike and it comes with a wide range of colors for different styles.
The 24-pound bike is on sale for less than $300 on Amazon and it is also the lowest-priced bike in the list. Notice that the bike has a lot of positive feedback but it failed to impress me, you can see my review of the Speck SS here.
The Dahon Vybe C7A weighing only 25.26 lbs is a new and very popular portable bike (it folds to 11.8″ × 31.5″ × 26″ in just 15 seconds). The hand-welded frame of the bicycle is so sturdy, the design looks modern and it comes with 7 gears. The Dahon Neos rear derailleur of the bike gives it superior ground clearance and so the bike will not snag on the ground even when you go past sharp bends. It is sold on Amazon for less than $399.
The Brompton S1E folding bicycle with its superlight steel frame weighs just 22.4 lbs while the S1E-X with titanium fork and rear frame weighs just 22 lbs. Made in the UK, this commuter bike enables you to fold the bike into a very compact size (22.2″ x 21.5″ x 9.8″), making it easy for you to carry and store the bike. Other features of the bike include adjustable saddle heights, folding pedals, 16 x 1-3/8″ Brompton Kevlar tires. However, it might be a little more complicated and take more time to fold and unfold the bike.
6. Dahon IOS S9
The new Dahon IOS S9 (2014 model) currently has no competition in terms of weight and design. The manufacturer uses 24-inch wheels to provide better speed and comfort for riders, however, surprisingly it doesn’t compromise its weight at all. IOS S9 is among the most lightweight big-sized folding bikes we have ever ridden in the United States. The model weighs just 28.6 lbs (12.97 kgs).
It also comes with disc brakes to provide better stopping power in harsh weather conditions. The Hydroformed Dalloy frame delivers a stable and comfortable ride, it is also very durable and lightweight at the same time.
The bike is almost a perfect choice in my opinion, your only concern could be its high price but you will get what you pay for. It is available for over $1000 on Amazon and you can also buy the cheaper IOS S9 2013 model. They are basically the same bikes with different colors.
Tips for Picking the Right Type of A Lightweight Folding Bike
Choosing the right type of a lightweight folding bike can be a very challenging task. Obviously, you need to know what you are looking for. On the other hand, it’s very important for you to be very selective when it comes to buying lightweight folding bikes. As a result, you’ll be able to pick a model that fits all of your needs and budget in the best possible way.
– First and foremost, you need to setup a budget for a lightweight folding bike. In other words, you need to decide how much money you are ready to spend on a purchase. By doing so, you’ll be able to narrow down your choices.
– It’s important to note that a lot of lightweight folding bikes are available on the market today. That’s why it may take you too much time to pick a good lightweight folding bike. That means that you must be prepared to wait.
– And of course, you need to pay a close attention to the specifications and features of each bike. Analyze each model carefully – bike’s design, colors available, weight, key features and price.
– Even if you find that a bike meets your needs and budget, you shouldn’t hurry up to make a purchase. Lastly, you need to check customer reviews of your favorite lightweight folding bike. This will help you figure out what other people think about a bike of your choice. Do you think that a bike has a lot of positive reviews and the vast majority of consumers are happy with the model? If so, this bike would be an ideal choice!
Many people are becoming increasingly keen on folding bicycles. The main reason is that they’re cost-effective, innovative, useful, as well as space-saving bicycles which might be easy to transport. Bicycles are generally great investments nowadays because fuel price is increasing day by day. That means that if you choose to use a bike instead of a car in order to travel from one place to another, then you’ll be able to reduce your fuel costs dramatically. Moreover, these are generally environment-friendly vehicles which will help save our planet from damaging outcomes of vehicle smoke.